Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Day 4


Today marks the half way point in my week of exploration through meditation. And despite having only meditated for half a week, I can tell you that I've become slightly more calm and aware of myself. Now, it might be that I haven't had a lot of homework this week, but I still feel less stressed and I seem to not worry as much about things that need to get done. I'm not letting myself worry about the minute details in my life. Nor am I After every zazen session, I feel calm and relaxed and when I start to do my homework for the night, I'm not thinking about what the faster way to do it would be, or what I'm going to do after my homework. All I'm focusing on is the work that is in front of me, and not letting anything else distract me. As I sit here writing this entry, my dad is going back and forth between the Discovery channel and the National Geographic channel, while my mom is also watching one of her Korean dramas. However, I'm not letting myself get distracted by it. Also, even though I sitting here writing this blog entry, I'm still aware of the fact that both of the TVs in my house are one. I'm concentrating on writing this entry, but I'm still aware of the fact that my sister just opened the refrigerator to probably get some dessert.

I mentioned in my first post that my goal is to try and become more aware of myself and the world around me through meditation. Now, I want to say that this awareness and calmness came from meditating, but I don't know for sure. However, what I do know is that if I want to meet my goal, I'll have to take my meditation more seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment